Saturday 13 December 2008

Journalling my Christmas: wrapping, songs and creative visualisation

I'm way behind in keeping up with the daily prompts for Journalling my Christmas. I managed to complete three layouts today, plus I photographed some baubles ready for more LOs tomorrow and scanned some old pictures. The Christmas tree will also go up tomorrow.
I'm not working in order but here goes.

My favourite carols are traditional: Angels from the Realms of Glory, The First Noel and We Three Kings. My favourite Christmas songs are: Merry Xmas (war is over) - John Lennon/Yoko Ono, and I Wish it Could Be Christmas Everyday (Wizzard).
Supplies: white cardstock, Stampin' Up woodcut holly wheel, red glitter glue, epoxy stickers (can't remember where from).

Wrapping is a very simple LO - I literally pinned examples of this year's wrapping paper & tags using paper clips, to try to look like fabric swatches. I do confess that I colour co-ordinate my Christmas tree with my wrapping paper. In fact last year I had to get a new white tree with silver & blue decorations, just to match the Doodlebug Whimsical winter range that I planned to use for Christmas! This year I'm using gold and red baubles so that's the theme for the wrapping paper.
Supplies: grey cardstock - Bazzill; letters - American Crafts Thickers.
Finally a photo taken last week of John running through the forest with the frost thick on the ground, to capture a creative visualisation of here and now.
Supplies: black cardstock - Bazzill; letters - American Crafts Thickers and Making Memories; ribbon - Fancy Pants.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow so brilliant pages again. Fabulous work.

Inspiration Alley said...

I'm way behind with Journalling my Christmas too, only done two pages. Like you, I do like to colour coordinate my wrapping of the presents and if they fit in with the Christmas tree so much the better. I really like what you've done with your journal so far.

Elizabeth said...

Lovely journal pages.

Also thanks for the comment on my blog - and yes it is the Scrapbook Magazine kit.

The Dolphin Inn said...

HI hon, sorry I have not been leaving comments lately, thanks for stopping by, Merry Christmas to you and yours, much love XXX