Monday 23 April 2007

Carding this weekend



I had nearly all of Saturday to indulge myself in card making. I decided to re-make the two cards shown here, My Mother's Dress and Oo La La. I've made both before but wasn't thrilled with the finish, so I treated them as "rehearsals."

They're both cards I saw in Craft Stamper, an odd looking magazine but one of the best ones in the UK. They create quite intricate and complex designs and altered art, unlike a lot of the other magazines whose stamping is relegated to cute bunnies or teddies (yuk).

My mother's dress uses a stamp of the same name by Inkadinkado. I stamped it using black StazOn ink onto a piece of cotton (an old hanky as it happens) and then painted it with cranberry, buff and gold acrylic paints with blue as highlights. I attached the fabric to mountboard, scattered the dress with some jewels and matted the panel onto dark blue paper and then cranberry paper. Finally ribbons in cranberry, cream and blue completed the card. It's for my mother's birthday in June.

The other card saw me trying out Stampbord for the first time. I painted three Stampbord tiles with pale pink acrylic paint and stamped the Eiffel Tower on top. I then scratched out details using stampbord tools, and used three rhinestones for the top of the tower. I used a pink card and matted the panel onto a deep Bazzill pink and chocolate brown.

No comments: