Monday 30 April 2007

Oh to be David Bailey







I had some good time for scrapbooking this weekend. On Saturday I created "the gas lamps of Boston" and "the first rose," the first bloom in our new front garden. I'm not very happy with either. I had a very clear idea of what I wanted to do with the lamps of Boston. The problem was, the photos didn't deliver. When I saw the gorgeous Maine layout in Scrapbook Inspirations of a lamp reflecting the nearby houses, I was as sick as the proverbial parrot.

I tried very hard to take some decent photos of the lamps, and we do have a very good camera (Canon Eos 400D), but unfortunately with no tripod, and a very slow exposure at night, the photos were pants. I did manage to buy some good photographs sold as letter postcards, but they weren't the close-ups I was looking for.

The rose picture is fine, but as usual I found I'd run out of certain letters when I rummaged through my chipboard alphabets. I really wanted the K&Co Twinkling pink letters but I haven't got any (new shopping list coming up!). So I used some other letters, mixed colours, and I'm not pleased with the result.

Oh well. Moving to Sunday, and at a loss for 12 x 12 inspiration, I suddenly decided to start my mini book. I was bowled over by some examples in Somerset Memories recently, and thought this would be a great opportunity to combine stamping, painting and using gorgeous stash and photos.

I used a very simple and cheap spiral bound A5 book I bought in the local pound shop recently. I'm up to "D" so far and have enjoyed using watercolours and using a lot of the papers free with magazines. I think it'll take a while to complete, but I'm really enjoying it.




No comments: