Saturday 22 September 2007

Card Frenzy



It's not often I get the chance to indulge in a whole day of crafting without being cajoled to cook a fried breakfast or go to B&Q. But today, with J still in Portugal on his sports training week, and having done all the housework yesterday,I was able to start putting the new stash into action.

The mauve card shown is for my aunty Ruth and uses one of my favourite stamps, My Mother's Dress by Inkadinkadoo. I stamped it onto watercolour paper, painted it with Twinkling H2Os, added some bling and matted it on torn mulberry paper. For the background I used my Art Impressions Serpentine stamp in silver.

I also made a 50th birthday card for my brother-in-law Eamon, using a golf themed decoupage sheet, three Christmas cards and a birthday card for J, whose birthday is on the same day as his brother's.

J is back tomorrow but I think I have enough time in the morning to finish my mum's Christmas card. This work of art has so far taken two hours, as I stamped an image three times and painted each one with Twinkling H2Os ready to layer it up.

No comments: