Sunday, 11 May 2008

Recycle!


The latest challenge at DCM is to make a card that uses scraps from shop-bought cards, to recycle elements. "We want you to have a look at old shop bought greetings cards, wrapping paper or gift bags which you have received in the past and recycle any elements to make a card of your own."
I recycle a padded heart (centre of the card), mounting it on Rouge de Garance paper and adding a BasicGrey Two Scoops swirl highlighted with glitter.

My Favourite Place


Over at UKS, the monthly team challenge is for a layout on the theme of my favourite place that uses stitching. My entry shows us at one of our favourite places, Epping Forest. I wetted and sanded the edges of the main photo, used textured paint (Anita's) on the chipboard letters (EK Success) and flowers, and added gold paint on top (Adirondack acrylic dabber). I sprinkled some glitter while it was wet. The paper is by Fancy Pants and the overlay by Autumn Leaves. Envelope pocket: Studio K.

8 comments:

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Love the texture on the LO! Stunning! I always mean to cannibalise shop cards etc but somehow don't get round to it, so I'm off to see what I've got that I can add to my stash!

Tinkerbelle said...

the layouts are great... so good to make use of bits n pieces xx

Lori said...

Love the colours on the card and the paint detail on the LO looks fabulous- really effective touches!

Enfys said...

Great card. I recycle all the time. Beats throwing them out.

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow they are absolutely stunning. Gorgeous creations. Love them.

EllePiggo said...

Love them both Gail. :)

Vanessa.

Inspiration Alley said...

Wow, the layout and the card are stunning. Good idea to recycle.

Cass said...

Gorgeous LO. Love all the textures.

Cass xx

There was an error in this gadget