Tuesday 22 July 2008

Combs and crows



Two unusual subjects for a layout, I am sure you will agree. It crossed my mind recently, as I flipped through my scrapbook albums, that I don't do much journalling. This is strange considering writing used to be my living. I have a lot to say (hence two blogs!) but I'm often put off by my awful writing.

Still, I've decided to make more of an effort to include journalling. Here are two LOs which feature it.

Crow is about a tenacious bird who kept visiting the swimming pool when we were on holiday recently in Rhodes. Paper by Urban Lily, glass bird from Heidi Swapp, felt birds by Jenni Bowlin; pink flock letters by K&Co; clear epoxy sticker by EK Success; pink corner by KI Memories.

"I love your little comb" is a soppy LO celebrating J's lack of vanity. No aftershave, no moisturiser, no hair products. All he has is a tiny comb and he hardly ever uses that either. I used textured paint by Anita's on the chipboard letters (EK Success). Paper and letter stickers by BasicGrey; chipboard hearts by Making Memories.
There's quite a lot of chipboard in the LO - the scissors and the hearts - so it's a candidate for Rachael's chipboard challenge at the Scrummy Stash Cafe Blog.

6 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

These are so interesting for subjects in your scrapping...TFS!

artfulstampin said...

what great layouts recording those little things that matter. I don't think my husband even combs!

Lori said...

Ha ha- great subjects! I love the scissors and comb, and the bedraggled little crow!

Sandy said...

Awwwwwwwwwww STUNNNING.
Amazing pages. Love them.

Anonymous said...

They're fab subjects Gail and unusual. Love them and thanks for taking part in the Scrummy Stash Cafe Challenge. :)

Vanessa x

Maria McPherson said...

Oh these are fab! Love them! Maria x