Sunday 7 December 2008

Advent, Christmas do do list and mixed memories


In catch-up mode today as I created three layouts to get me almost up-to-date with Journalling My Christmas.

Prompt 5 was about the countdown to Christmas and how we celebrate / mark Advent. It's been years since I had an Advent calendar but I attempted to replicate one. I imagined I would mark out the little squares, cut them precisely and then put little hand painted images behind the windows.

Well, that was the intention...but I'm not very precise, or patient, and so I got bored with marking out the squares exactly and I ran out of hand painted images. Instead I used some cut-outs from old Christmas cards. The numbers were a challenge too because I soon ran out of "1" from the Doodlebug stickers I was using. Oh well, improvise is my motto!

Supplies: paper - K&Co; gold swirl - K&Co; letters - Making Memories; number stickers - Doodlebug and Making Memories.

Prompt six was to share your memories of Christmas both good and bad, perhaps dividing the page to show this. Initially I didn't think I'd had any bad Christmases. I've been very fortunate. But then I remembered how my dad was sometimes like the Grinch. I wish he hadn't been. I wrote some hidden journalling where you can see an arrow.

Supplies: paper - K&Co and BasicGrey Wassail; ribbon - Anita's; paint - Adirondack gold dabber; letters - American Crafts Thickers.

Finally for today, create your "to do" list - today's prompt. I am fairly organised at Christmas. I start making cards in August and have now got around 30 (I bought the rest) and I've bought all my presents online. I've still got lots to do though: I like to wear something new on Christmas Day so I have to find an outfit, and I haven't started the wrapping and card writing yet.

Supplies: paper - BasicGrey Dasher & Infuse; chipboard - Making Memories; journalling spot - Collage Press; ghost clock - Heidi Swapp; PC font - Lucida handwriting.

3 comments:

crazierinreallife said...

your pages are coming out beautifully. love the swirls on the to do list page

Sandy said...

Wow tis pages are wonderful.
Very impressive. Love them.

Anonymous said...

WOW Gail - you've done some fab stuff :)

Have a lovely Christmas.

Vanessa xx