Saturday 14 November 2009

Embossing



Lots To Do is looking for embossing on cards: heat embossing, embossing using a Cuttlebug or traditional embossing with a light box.

I tried a light box a while ago but somehow couldn't make it work. I then had one of those Fiskars templates where you use a tool to score round the shapes, but it's very hard on the hands!

Then I discovered the joys of the Cuttlebug. For the snowman card I used two folders and also heat embossed using the latest free stamp from Craft Stamper.

The reindeer card uses a stamp by Woodware and I glued on bits of silver "leaf" and made the reindeer sparkle with Stickles. In the background I embossed with the Cuttlebug Christmas ornaments folder.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow these are fabulous.
Wonderful cards. Love them.

crafty creations said...

Hiya Gail and thanks for joining the Lotstodo Challenge again this week with these beautiful cards

x Hilda

sam21ski said...

Lovely cards Gail

Thanks for playing along again this week over on Lotstodo - Sam xxx

Willy said...

Beautiful cards, Gail!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your cards are beautiful and the embossing is gorgeous...!! Thank you for the kind comments on my blog, Gail. I looked for a followers list on your blog. If you put one up, let me know so I can join. In the meantime, I extend an invitation to you to join me on my blog. Enjoy your day. Hugs, Gayle (in Canada)