Sunday 5 September 2010

Sunday Postcard Art: Fruit

A colourful challenge from SPA: Fruit.
I immediately thought of Carmen Miranda, having seen her in a very old film recently. Carmen Miranda (9 February 1909 – 5 August 1955) was a Portuguese-born Brazilian samba singer and Broadway actress popular in the 1940s and 1950s. She was, by some accounts, the highest-earning woman in the United States and recognized for her signature fruit hat outfit that she wore in the 1943 movie The Gang's All Here

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So rich and colourful, beautiful postcard!

Jester said...

This is a great postcard, Gail. I love how your background blends so wonderfully with the picture of Carmen Miranda (weren't her headdresses fantastic?!).

Lori Saul said...

Festive and wonderfully vintage postcard!

indybev said...

Somehow this makes me think of the Chiquita Banana song. Remember? "I'm Chiquita Banana, and I've come to say. Bananas have to ripen in a certain way ..." Now then, I've REALLY dated myself! Anyway, this is a nice bit of nostalgia. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I love this fruit hat, beautiful! A great card!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's great.

LynnF said...

What a wonderful card, Gail, that background is just perfect for the subject of Carmen Miranda!

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous.
Really festive. Fantastic.

The Dolphin Inn said...

Great interpretation of the theme XXX