Monday, 21 May 2007

Mixed fortunes on the crafting front





Hmm. Module 2 of the online photographic workshop. Not good! I met J in Trafalgar Square armed with the tripod and took some pictures of Nelson's Column, then close up looking up at it. Then I tried the fountains, the lions. J also tried Nelson's Column but went to a traffic island to take it from quite a long way away. We then moved off and randomly snapped an interesting building near the old war office, with a statue in front, and the London Eye (that was more for our own use - it looked so stunning with the blue sky).

But somewhere along the line, the part of the brief that required a reverse of the technique from last week didn't work. We both tried it, but the sky wasn't right.

So had to upload disappointing shots.

Still, on a brighter note, created a double page LO about my mum ("Giz") yesterday. You know how sometimes it all comes together when you rummage in your stash? First I found two 12x2 papers by K&Co with red and green flowers; then some free papers by Melissa Frances with flowers in similar colours, that had been given away with a magazine. It all worked well together when I layered up four photos, two stunning old photos and two from a wedding. I then used the new vellum quotes I bought in the US and some paper flowers with brads. The journalling, on white strips, looked a bit too harsh so I chalked over it.

I bought some stunning beach papers by an Australian company recently, Finemark, and I finally got to use them in creating a LO about the time we went on the ringos in Corfu, 2003. That was the holiday where I met J, although we didn't start seeing each other until eight months later. I tried to folow the line of the paper and took my scissors to the photos, which was a bit painful as they were originals (I'm lazy about scanning), although I do have them on a CD.

2 comments:

Biby Cletus said...

Cool blog, i just randomly surfed in, but it sure was worth my time, will be back

Deep Regards from the other side of the Moon

Biby Cletus

mueja said...

nice blog, thanks

There was an error in this gadget