Wednesday 23 May 2007

New stash and a new community

Ordered some stash from 3 suppliers yesterday. Two deliveries came today - how exciting!

Both were suppliers I've never used before, and the speed and efficiency of their service means I will certainly use them again. From Crafty Individuals I ordered some ephemera stamps. I'd seen them in Quick & Crafty magazine, but had neglected to spot the 10% discount. Instead, they sent me a free stamp. Very impressive.

From Rebecca's Scrapbooking Supplies I bought a tin of the March blooms (yellows greens and oranges), a Lippy Chick flop book, which I'm planning to give to someone for Christmas fully loaded, and a copy of the Australian magazine For Keeps. It had rave reviews on UK Scrappers, and I do love magazines!

The first thing I want to do with the new stamps is re-design the front cover of my ABC book. It looks kinda dull at the moment. I covered it with a floral paper and attached a ribbon and some silk flowers but it needs to look more arty.

I was visiting a few blogs in the Crafters Blog directory yesterday. My, some of the work is very impressive! Makes you realise how far you have to go. Anyway, a couple of them mentioned a fairly new place called Just Bex, which turned out to be a forum for "serious crafters." I've joined now but I doubt if I'm going to have time for the challenges, what with the online photographic course and the UKS weekly challenge.

No comments: