Thursday 24 May 2007

Free rein with new stamps



Last night I had a play with my new ephemera stamps. I was intending to replace the cover of my ABC book, but I went a bit mad and stamped all over a 12 x 12 page. I then thought about using it for a heritage layout, but then I changed my mind, folded the card over and smoothed the line with a bone folder, and voila, a card! I placed some vellum on the front and used a happy birthday sticker. A good card for a man. To the left is the front of the card and to the right, the back. It's stamped on both sides.

I read "For Keeps" yesterday, the first time I've seen this Australian magazine. It was a good read and I was initially bowled over with some of the layouts, but the crucial test is when I cut out the LOs I would like to scraplift. When I did this, actually there were only 2 layouts I adored. One was about a cat that had turned up as a stray. I can do a similar LO with my cat Molly (read about her story in my other blog.

It's still not a scrap on Scrapbook Inspirations!

1 comment:

Carly said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog :) I have read 'For keeps' its a great mag - well done on the cutting of the mag tho - yikes not sure if I could do it hehe *Carly*