Sunday 10 June 2007

My special day


I finally got round to re-doing the layout "My special day" today. Six weeks ago, I was lucky enough to go to Phoenix, Arizona, all expenses paid, to collect an achievement award from my company.

The first LO I did, which was a double page spread, was on red paper (to go with some of the red flowers in the hotel's grounds) and I used big glittery chipboard letters. But the photos were too big, the glitter went all over them, and somehow it lacked that certain je ne sais pas.

So here is attempt two, which I'm much happier with.

For a start it's a single page and I reduced the size of the photos. I drew a shape resembling the actual award, which is a piece of glasswork, and arranged the photos on it, using Heidi Swapp bling circles to highlight. I cut out a piece of acetate in the shape of the award and overlaid it to give the impression of glass.

I didn't have any more red paper and I nearly went with just blue but it was too drab. I wanted the colours to really zing, to remind me of Phoenix and the glorious weather on award day where I sat by the pool sipping a cocktail!

1 comment:

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Just been browsing your blog - you have some fab lay outs on here!