Tuesday 31 July 2007

Cyber scrap

I've never been to a cyber crop or a real crop. "A what?" This is where you bundle as much stash as you can into special wheeled totes, and spend all day scrapbooking in the company of like minded females.

There don't seem to be any crops in my area. So I've signed up for the next best thing, a cyber crop. UK Scrappers is running a summer extravaganza and I've signed up for the class Ribbon & Roll, which is "an unusual mini book project" with Kim of ScrapDragon. I ordered the kit and it came yesterday. There was a choice of two colourways, rural, which is the one I opted for (green, yellow, brown) or urban (red/black/white). The papers by Scrapperdashery are very nice - they are muted with words over the pattern, and feature Wordworth's Daffodils, Oscar Wilde - Temptation, and Shakespeare's 12th Night. The stash includes ribbon, fibres (which I don't tend to use) and blossoms.

I have also signed up for an online scrapbooking class called "in a thousand words," which is about better storytelling and journalling. I've selected nine photos so far (10 are needed), going back to my days in junior school, and uploaded them to Flickr as required. Looks really interesting, and apparently there are some materials coming in the post so will be very exciting to see what's in store!

No comments: