Friday 27 July 2007

Birthday cards for men



The card magazines usually position men's cards as really difficult and hard to create. I'm not sure I agree. If you know the man's hobbies or interests, you can create a card around golf, running, music, whatever; if you don't know what they like, you can create a generic card with a stamp and more muted colours.

Here's a card I've made for my uncle. He likes walking and swimming but I didn't have the right stash for that so I made a "generic" card using a lighthouse stamp from Art Impressions which I stamped and embossed in silver on black card. I painted it with Twinkling H2Os.

On a white card blank I attached some blue / green stripy paper which was free with a magazine, and finished off with some rows of sticky ribbon from Lakeland and a birthday greeting using Dome letters.

The other card is for a soccer lover. I made a very similar one but themed around cricket. These are made with decoupage. I can't remember where the paper came from but it's got a foil effect which you can't really see in the photo.

No comments: