Tuesday 17 July 2007

Not enough photos shock

I suppose all scrapbookers, at some time, reach the challenge of not having any photos to scrap. There was a thread about it on UKS recently. I didn't think it would happen to me because we're always setting off with the camera in tow, and I have lots of photo albums. Plus I've got some ideas for lay outs like stop the pigeon (see previous post), my withered old hands and my new Birkies.

But I've come to that point where I don't really have any photos to play with. A lot of my old photos are quite poor (I didn't think so at the time, or at least not good enough to scrap.

I've just signed up for Shimelle's new course which needs 10 photos, and I've bought a bit of stash in the last week, so I need to start generating photos fast.

On the stash front, as I mentioned a few days ago, I bought some gorgeous Fancy Pants papers. On a work visit to Swindon I called in at a shop I've seen from afar, in Old Town, and bought a few things - VersaMark (mine seems to have dried up), a couple of Sakura gelly roll pens, the very good Do-Crafts magazine which is only a pound (and already featuring Christmas, which I think is great) and some felt alphabets.

I've bemoaned the fact that there aren't any craft shops near to where I live. Well, turns out I was wrong! I found a branch of The Range which is only a mile away. What an Aladdin's Cave. We went there on Sat to buy a laminator and came out with much more besides (coat hangers, storage boxes, "Get Off My Garden") although John was very mean about letting me browse the stash. I will have to make a return visit very soon - but only when I've got lots of photos to scrap. In the meantime, it's making cards for you, my girl.

No comments: