Monday 1 October 2007

Canvas finally completed



I've been talking for months about "my canvas" as if I am Van Gogh or someone; but finally I got out the canvas I bought in Michael's in Arizona, back in May, and created my seashore scene.

It still needs a bit of work and somehow I need to find a way to stop the micro beads from dropping off!

All in all, I achieved a lot this weekend: the canvas, three cards and a scrapbook layout. I tried UTEE for the first time (very pleased with the effect - where's it been all my life?) and dry embossing without a light box (nearly impossible). Here's the layout: I'll post the cards later in the week (both here and with a first class stamp, as they're being sent to people with birthdays!).



The layout celebrates my clothes crimes. I hesitated to use the word "fashion" because I couldn't even start to describe these transgressions as anything to do with fashion. It seems that during my 20s, I had a major fashion failure. I remember being quite trendy in my teens and always wanting to be first to sport the latest "must have" (wedge shoes, box bags, petticoats under flowery skirts for example). But in my 20s, I was either wearing suits of the type that the Duchess of Cornwall wears, or the hideous clothes you see in this layout. A lot of it was to do with the fact I thought I was too fat to wear fashion. If only Trinny & Susannah had been around then!

Supplies:
Paper: scalloped paper - Creative Imaginations. Other paper: Lynn Perella for Stampington and hand-made paper from Lakeland. Butterflies: Lakeland. Font: Segoe Print.

No comments: