Tuesday 2 October 2007

Birthday cards for glam laydeez

I've been at a bit of a loss to know what to do with the Doodlebug black & white papers I bought a few months ago. I haven't been inspired to use them for a 12 x 12 layout but I used them in a mini book and now I've used them on a couple of birthday cards.



This one has red highlights. The shoes stamp was free with a magazine. I embossed it with red tinsel and stamped the greeting with a Hero Arts stamp. The Tres Chic / Fabulous Shoes peel offs are by Anita's.



I'm still playing around with shrink plastic. This card, a variation in pink, has a handbag (same set of free stamps) stamped on black shrink plastic. I just love the way it shrivels up, and you think all is lost, but then it straightens out again. I got the mottled effect by first stamping over the top of magic mesh, and then removing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Gail. I love shrink plastic and I need to start playing with it again!!