Sunday 14 October 2007

Drink!


I enjoyed doing the UKS weekly challenge which was to use a drink or party theme, pink, scraps and doodling.

I found some photos from Turkey in 2005 (obligatory cocktails!) and used some scraps of K&Co paper plus some luscious flock letters and felt flowers, also by K&Co. I used for the first time an arrows template with acrylic paint. The "cheers" and plastic drink are by Crafttime from Hobbycraft.

I also did the UKS "It's My Party" online class with Banana Frog. I bought the kit for this one, which was a little too patterned and zingy for me but I resolved to use it nonetheless. The fireworks stamps from Banana Frog are amazing - they give excellent results. Sometimes I've found acrylic clear stamps very frustrating to use, but these are great. They may even convert me from wooden rubber stamps.

The resulting layout is a big departure from my normal more minimalist style. I don't know if it works really - it's so busy and colourful. It's a record of my recent holiday in Devon where I took some diverse photos ranging from my mum's fuschia to a strange cat in her garden and Roadford lake and bird hide!

1 comment:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Great layout ,brill colour combo,love the photos ,thanks for stopping by Dawnx