Monday 7 May 2007

Stash fest in Phoenix

Have just got back from Phoenix., Arizona, where I was on a short business trip. Ten minutes after arriving, I was off in a cab looking for Michael's Arts & Crafts Store, not too far from the hotel.

It was the first time I'd finally been let loose in a US craft store so I was like a kid in a toyshop. Michael's is a nationwide chain, similar to Hobbycraft. There was plenty of scrapbooking stash to choose from. I didn't buy any papers as I've got more than I need at the moment. But I did buy ribbon (American Crafts Elements, 24 feet of two-sided ribbon in Uptown Brown), glitter glue, lots of aphabets, chipboard and glitter, from K&Co and Martha Stewart; some gorgeous picnic Grand Adhesions from K&Co and a variety of different brads, beads, Curly Q rub-on stitching, several types of stickers and vellum quotes. Oh and a small canvas and three magazines. All in all I spent $150 but of course that's only £75 so a bargain considering what I bought.

I've got several projects to start working on: the awards dinner which was the reason for going to Phoenix (and the gorgeous art deco style Biltmore Hotel), plus John's marathon pictures from Boston, taken by the official photographers, have arrived.

I've also decided to take some pictures of my hands, or my "bony claws" as John calls them. Unfortunately they look about 20 years older than the rest of me (it's a problem shared by Madonna apparently) but I thought it could lend itself to quite an interesting spread.

No comments: