Friday 1 June 2007

Scrumptious stash



I was opining recently about how to save money. "Well, you spend too much on stash," said my DH, quite unexpectedly, because I didn't know he knew what stash was.

He watches with amusement as the parcels arrive, particularly one this week that was marked "Scrumptious Stash Cafe." No clues there about the contents.

This week's stash included a Ronna Farrer overlay and some plain chipboard stars.

I made a DLO last week of "My special day," my recent visit to Phoenix, Arizona, where I collected an achievement award from my company. I'd been waiting to see some of the team photos that were taken out in the US.

I wanted to make it a really great LO, but somehow it doesn't work. The photos are too big, one of the bling circles I used is not centrally positioned, and, oh I don't know, it needs re-doing.

Anyway, here are two I prepared earlier. "Goat alert" is actually an old one, but it makes me smile. I was chased by a goat on holiday in Oludeniz, Turkey. The other is a layout on my grandma, who died in 1991. I wanted to put something of my self into this one, rather than just layering on bought stash. So I used lots of stamps, paints and chalks. The butterflies were stamped and embossed in silver on acetate and then coloured with Sakura gelly roll pens. Using acetate means I can bend the wings up slightly, it looks very effective.

No comments: