Tuesday 24 July 2007

Patient v Impatient



Two layouts: one has been reworked 3 times now, the other was knocked up in about 20 minutes (although sourcing the stash and laminator took a while!).

The Party layout is the reworked one. Immediately after our holiday last year, we went to Swindon for my company's 25th anniversary party. I started scrapbooking in about October and selected this photo as one of the first I scrapped. I was quite pleased with it at first but now it makes me cringe so I took the photo off and started again. Twice!

This (hopefully) final version uses Fancy Pants Key Lime paper and ribbon (left hand side), the other ribbon is by American Craft. The chipboard letters are by K&Co. I like the combination of the colours. Quite zingy. It was a challenge to know what colours to use because my dress is emerald but the invitation (which I laminated, to stop it deteriorating) is yellow and red.

The "dining out" layout came to mind while we were on holiday in Cyprus. The restaurants gave you their card with the bill, and I thought it would be fun to laminate them and use them in a layout. I wrote notes on the various meals but I didn't include this because my writing is too terrible. The black & white paper is by Doodlebug, the fruit stickers are by Perfect Peach and the plate, cutlery and glass stickers by Sandylion. For the lettering I used a font called Staccato222 BT. I wanted a font with fruit looping through the letters but I didn't find one.

My thoughts are now turning to altered art again. Aaargh. I was archiving some of my favourite magazine articles this morning (the cards, layouts and other designs that I keep because I might copy them) and I came across the Maya Road coffee break tin, which is bare for embellishing. And in Craft Stamper recently there was an article on how to alter a lunch box to turn it into a holiday themed keepsake box. Well, the die is cast; I am trying to find a supplier for the Maya Road tin on UKS, and I've already ordered some Stampington sea shore stamps.

No comments: